The STEAM Initiative encourages Texas A&M University at Qatar students to submit STEAM-related research papers to be considered for a STEAM Travel Grant. The grant is $1000 and will be used to support student travel to a regional or international conference where the research paper is accepted for presentation. The grant will be awarded per research paper, not per individual. To be eligible for the grant, the paper must meet the guidelines outlined below.
- The research paper should address a topic related to STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, ARTS and Math) education. The “ARTS” in STEAM include liberal arts, social sciences, design-thinking, music, fine arts, etc. The paper should follow the standard research paper structure and should include:
• Paper title and author
• Abstract (200-300 words)
• Literature review
– The paper may represent a full range of research design, including surveys, case studies, experiments, etc. If you decide to collect data using surveys or interviews, make sure to apply for IRB approval at iris.tamu.edu.
– The research paper should be submitted for presentation at a conference of your choice. Preference will be given to papers additionally accepted for publication in conference proceedings or any academic journal.
– In addition to submitting the full paper, the students must submit a proof that the paper is accepted for a conference presentation.
– A letter to express interest in applying for the grant and how receiving the grant will enhance the student(s) research and professional development skills. Proposals should specifically state how the presentation incorporates the arts into STEM.
– The applicant(s) must be an undergraduate or graduate student at Texas A&M University at Qatar.
Priority will be given to papers that are:
- relevant to STEAM;
- accepted for presentation at a conference;
- accepted for publication in a journal (*preferred, but not required).
The application deadline is 20 April 2020.
Conferences that take place after the submission deadline will be given priority. The conference has to take place before December 31, 2020.
Apply here: STEAM Travel Grant Application
Email the full paper to firstname.lastname@example.org.